Thursday, April 17, 2014

Gold Digger vs. Sugar Mama

In the wild life the lioness hunts and brings home the food for the male lion to feed first. This is her way of protecting her cubs from being eaten by the lion (the king of the jungle) out of hunger and laziness.
In the movie “Gentlemen prefer blondes” Lorelei Lee (Marilyn Monroe) asks Mr. Esmond Sr. (Taylor homes) ‘if he preferred his daughter to marry a poor man? And why is it wrong if she wanted a rich husband?’
 She is generally thought to be a gold digger. And yes, we all hate gold diggers who stay at home and don’t have a profession to show. What if she can take good care of the family and make sure everyone is taken care of for the future to come. Is she still a gold digger or is she just choosing wisely?
What would we call a financially successful woman who enables her man to be lazy, irresponsible and even feeds the man and bails him out financially? (All for some attention or social status) Isn’t she a desperate Sugar mama?
We live in a world that ‘gives’ equal rights to the woman. Out of being a Gold digger and a Sugar mama, whom would you choose to be?
I would choose to be a gold digger. At least I get to be a with a real man who can take care of himself and take care of me. If he can lavish me with gifts, even better.  I mean, where am I running away with all the gifts? They are only going to compliment me and him and help us out in times of crisis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Passive Aggressive Misogyny

After I first came to America 20 years ago, for the first time in my life, I experienced being treated like a human being with a brain. I a...