Friday, October 30, 2015

My Soulmate

Love…..

I have been falling in love all my life. I have been using the word soulmate too on and off all through my life. Then I got pregnant. I never wanted kids, but there was no reason to not want the baby. I did not go through morning sickness at all. Plus I was super hyper all through the pregnancy. Then I had a 10 lbs baby. 12 hours prior to going under the knife (I am 5.2 and he was 10 lbs) for the C-section I was planning on going back to work in 6 weeks after handing the baby to a nanny.

Once he came out of me. I fell for him. I fell head over heels for him. He looked at me and smiled. When they took him away to weigh him he cried and I cried. I got him back. I started to nurse him 20 mins after he was born. I was disoriented but did not want to let go of him. They let me keep him with me all the time and I did. I hugged him and kissed him and he gave me tons and tons of smiles.
A few weeks later I just put him down and I went into the kitchen to fix a meal. He cried loudly. I went running to him. He gave me the biggest smile. The joy in his eyes and his smile showed me all the love he has for me. I felt love for the first time in my life.

I tried and tried to please all the men and women in my life – dad, mom, sister, brother, friends, cousins, grand-parents, husband, boyfriends and the list could go on. It is never enough for them. No matter how much.

This little creature that just came into the world accepted me, all of me and gave me all the love he had. I experienced love for the first time in my life. He just wanted to see me. Wanted to be held.
He stood with me, by me through thick and thin. He gave me courage, so much courage and made me what I am today. He loved me for the rewards and forgave me for my mistakes. He loved me unconditionally. When I think about it, I don’t think I could have given him half the love he gave me.


He is my soulmate. Sure, I am not married to him. Why does a soulmate have to be all about marriage. My baby is my soulmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Passive Aggressive Misogyny

After I first came to America 20 years ago, for the first time in my life, I experienced being treated like a human being with a brain. I a...